It's that time of year again, when old man winter knocks on our doors (well at least for us in the Northern Hemisphere). This winter season, whether you are fighting through sub-zero temps or feet of snow, I've got the perfect defense... Cold Weather Gear from Rothco. Below is a list of 5 Rothco items guaranteed to keep you warm during the winter months.
1. From Parkas to Soft Shells a good jacket is a MUST! My number one choice this season is our Special Ops Tactical Soft Shell Jacket. The 3 layer construction - deflects wind, wicks away moisture and retains body heat, which makes it perfect for the cold weather.
2. It may not be as cool as our spec ops jacket but a nice pair of Thermal Underwear is always going to keep you warm.
3. No one should be walking out the door without some Cold Weather Thermal Boot Socks!
4. Gloves, gloves, gloves, keep those digits at 10 with a pair of these.
5. And since 90% of all body heat gets released from your head make sure its completely covered with a great Balaclava.
Subscribe to the Camobloge
Monday, December 30, 2013
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Thursday, December 19, 2013
Rothco Holiday Charity Program
Here at Rothco we realize how fortunate we are and throughout the year we make sure to give back to those who are not as fortunate. Every year during the holiday season, the team at Rothco band together to raise money and collect holiday gifts for several local charities and this year we set out to make it our yet.
I am extremely proud and honored to say that we did it! As a group we had over 130 employees
donate towards the cause and with the help of Rothco corporate matching the employee donations, we donated over $117,000, exceeding our goal of $25,000! A 100% of all the money raised will be split evenly to the following charities. It is amazing to see what can be accomplished we people get together for a good cause.
- Hope House Ministries
- Suffolk County United Veterans
- Christmas Magic
- A Mother’s Kiss
- LI Mentoring
- Witness Housing
- Our Daily Bread
- The Lighthouse Mission
In addition to raising money for the 9 charities listed above, Rothco also donated over 50 gifts to different families living in domestic violence shelters. The gifts included toys, games and clothes, everything the kids wished for on their lists.
Rothco's holiday charity program is just one of many charity programs we run throughout the year. For more information on the different programs we participate in, checkout some of our past blogs and visit www.rothco.com.
Past Blogs About Rothco's Charity Programs
Monday, December 16, 2013
|The US Navy Blue Angels kick off|
the Army Navy Game
The rivalry between Army and Navy is friendly but intense at the same time. Dating back to 1953, the first reported kidnapping of “Bill the Goat” was announced. A group of the West Point Cadets snuck onto Annapolis campus and stole the Navy midshipmen’s goat (Navy’s mascot.) This was just the spark to some of the pranks they have pulled on each other throughout the years. To this day the rivalry stays strong through social media and spirit videos.
Army was coming off a heartbreaking loss from last year where the Midshipmen made a huge comeback for their 11th straight win. They looked to break the streak this year in a snow storm that hit the northeast. Before, during, and after the game the whole stadium, in and off the field, showed a great amount of spirit and pride. A marriage proposal even took place on the field before the game with Army’s offensive lineman Carter Joy. A big difference between this game and any other college football game is that these guys play for the love of the game. Football is rarely in the future of these players yet they go out there every week and give it their all.
|Navy's Keenan Reynolds outruns Army Linbacker|
That respect is on full display throughout the game and especially at the end of the game when the losing team will sing its Alma mater in front of its respective student body with the winning team standing amongst them. The two teams then move over to the winning team’s side of the field where they sing their Alma mater in front of their student body. The game is truly a sight to see and I truly believe it's the greatest rivalry in college football history.
|Navy celebrates their 12th consecutive win|
Peter Azzarone @ Rothco
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Friday, December 06, 2013
Tuesday, December 03, 2013
- Camouflage is actually derived from the French word camoufler, meaning “to blind or veil”
- Abbott Thayer is basically the godfather of all things camo - Abbot was a artist and zoologist and he published a book in 1909, titled Concealing Coloration in the Animal Kingdom: A Exposition of the Laws of Disguise Through Color and Pattern
- In the early 1900’s U.S had set up departments solely for the study and development of camo. These new camouflage departments consisted of artists, designers and even architectures all working together
- 1917 the word camouflage was added to the English language
- Rothco offers over 25+ Camouflage Patterns
Subscribe to the Camobloge